Thread: How to fix F1?
View Single Post
Old 23 Sep 2020, 09:42 (Ref:4005776)   #1596
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
depends what you think the NFL model is?

certainly it can be many things ranging from organization/leadership structure or it can be philosophical in nature.
Does it? I would have thought the organization/leadership structure and the philosophical nature were geared towards achieving the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
in the context of this thread, i think what Adam was getting at is that the NFL's desires to see parity among all the teams thus any new rule they propose promotes the NFL's stated philosophy of every team having the ability to beat any other team on any given sunday.

if the number 1 complaint about F1 is that one team dominates and that makes it boring then the NFL model, specifically their philosophy, is maybe one worth emulating...and with the fairer distribution of prize money and budget cap, F1 is already on this path.

but parity also means homogenization and that too has its draw backs. while it would be great to see all teams have a legitimate shot at winning, i also dont want to see 10 teams run like Merc or 10 teams run like Williams for that matter. variety is also desirable even though it runs the risk of turning into inequality. mind you, ten teams run like Ferrari would be comically brilliant.

i dont know what the answer is but i do know that Bottas is a better driver then Hamilton but isnt allowed to compete because of luck, god, magic, cheating (take your pick) so F1 should work on fixing that first.

forget reverse grids lets have reverse points so the further back behind Hamilton you finish the more points you get.

we can call it the Finnish Rule in Bottas' honour.
Is every team having the ability to beat any other team on any given Sunday, the NFL's stated philosophy? Any given Sunday, is from a line from the novel "Any Given Sunday", by former NFL defensive end Pat Toomay, which also became a film by Oliver Stone. The line is actually, a team can win or lose on any given Sunday. I don't know if it is necessarily about parity amongst teams but more to do with not letting one team, or teams, dominate the NFL, which has happened; dynasty teams as there are sometimes called.