View Single Post
Old 6 Oct 2004, 21:21 (Ref:1117409)   #17
powermite
Rookie

powermite should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well i'm one of the lucky ones who has had a couple of laps of the great circuit.In September four of us went to Spa for the LMES race and then drove onto Nurburg after the race.
I had a new 420 horsepower 6 litre Chevy V8 in my Transam and a newly coverted auto to 6 speed manual gearbox.My mate had his Corvette.
Well I was cra@@ing pulling out on the circuit just thinking of all the famous drivers who had been there before me.The track itself was awesome and ideal for the grunt of my newly invigorated steed and whilst I didnt have chance to try the top speed,the acceleration was awesome and far outweighed my small driving prowess.My other friend who had travelled there with me has dabbled in racecar driving and even built his own car and entered the British GTs a few years back.I could go all that way and not let him have a lap,so this i did.Well he didnt quite have the same feeling of"what if i blow this thing up"that i did and on more than one occassion,i saw the rev counter pinned weel into the red!!!
We all agreed that it was an experience that must be repeated.Fantastic.
The only downside was that the 'ring taxi was fully booked for that day,made even worse by the fact that the driver of it for the day was Hans Stuck!!!Now i know why i couldnt keep up with it on my lap.
If any of you get the chance its really something you must do.

cheers
PM