View Single Post
Old 25 Apr 2012, 11:40 (Ref:3065329)   #18
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
OK NOW STOP THIS!!

Sorry but you are talking about the greatest motor race in the world...PERIOD..(ERM...with the exception of a certain six hour race in Norfolk the week after next!). yes times have changed....but unfortunately they do!

I dont particularly like Tertre Rouge anymore...its far too lite of a night and takes away the magic of that corner in my eyes....but in others eyes...its an improvement (its not by the way as ITS JUST NOT!!! ha ha)

I am very sad to hear that GT will not be part of the team this year, I am happy though, that it is his decision and no one elses. Whoever takes his place has to fill rather large and very well trodden boots and that will not be easy, because he was and still is (in my book) one of the greatest.

I am due on Midweek Motorsport tonight, talkin about 360 so will ask Hindy about it.

Dont dis my favourite race though guys.......if you look out the window now...its pouring down.....close ya eyes .and head south.........suddenly its June and the warm air flows across your face...its just coming up to three (used to be four) and the Audi R8 sports car is just about to peel off right handed any second now....into the pit lane as behind him like some rolling roaring army comes the orchestral roar (even with fins) that begins to hit your ears and the rumble that begins to vibrate your chest (easy fella's) ............And LE MANS IS GO FOR ANOTHER YEAR..........

Fifty Five Start .....you know the rest!
Great post ... I even quite like the lack diesel noise as it is impressive and dramatic because of the lack of noise combined with the speed. I would hate the whole grid to sound like that but the variety is one of the best things about LM - it is not just another boring spec series where all the cars look and sound the same.