View Single Post
Old 9 Feb 2016, 19:20 (Ref:3613465)   #794
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Wanted to add my thoughts to some of the above comments. I agree completely with Davidison about the run-off areas. Of course safety improvements can be made, but what makes Le Mans unique for me is the same basic layout and feel of the place. I went to Silverstone for the first time last year to watch the WEC, great race and facilities but was amazed at how sterile it felt when compared to Le Mans.

Also very surprised about the road closures in the race week. It has always impressed me how quickly they re-open the roads and the last thing I want is for the local people to get more annoyed with the ACO. The race and we spectators are guests in this lovely place and we need to all find a way to get along.

Finally, in response to Chiana and the Nordschleife, it is worth viewing some of the 1960s and early 70s footage on Youtube. It's amazing how areas now surrounded by trees were once virtually bare. Nothing stays the same, but actually some things can get better as well as worse.