View Single Post
Old 31 Jul 2006, 14:11 (Ref:1668946)   #21
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read the interview and i think progress is being made.
-The countries selected are very strong, however the lack of promotion and the message of "outsourcing" the promotion to local contacts is just not good enough giving the dismal amount of spectators at each round. The races are great, the field is fantastic but it's the best kept secret in motor racing.
-6 hour races are tough to organize/follow/broadcast but look at the other side, no hassle, you can walk around the circuit, the atmosphere is relaxed. This appeals to lot of racing fans that are tired of the rush in-rush out of F1 events (if they know about it, that is...)
-Many people would like to see the Le Mans environment close to home, with millions of spectators for 24 hours it should be possible to drag many of those to the circuit for 6...
-Manufacturers like Audi and Peugeot joining should help make (or brake) this series as THE endurance series like it was on the 70s or so, there is a lot of momentum and we need to take advantage of it. Porsche Spyders will also keep appealing smaller teams and help the grid increase quality even further
-I do hope the series grows as expected and keeps the fantastic sporting environment.