View Single Post
Old 5 Jan 2008, 12:14 (Ref:2100051)   #62
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
You know, I just hit on something! I am going to refer to the top series' as: "CIRCL" - a combination of CC & IRL.

Why? Because Craig got me thinking. He is not a regular in the open wheel fora for CIRCL, but as a more causal fan of that branch he points out that these discussions are just giant circular arguments.

We have folks citing "revelations" and others of us (me included) discuss the "revelation" even when there is no basis from which we can verify that the numbers given are actually real. "I read it somewhere on the internet" is all we need to say to give something validity.

So the same claims get discussed over and over (see "Circular Argument").

In the end, both series are in bad shape. It is like discussing which patient is better off: the one on the ventilator in CICU or the one with the ventilator on standby in CICU.

CIRCL is broke, it needs to be fixed and I wish who ever could fix it, would.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.