Thread: WEC WEC 2024
View Single Post
Old 23 Mar 2023, 18:58 (Ref:4148950)   #38
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I think I'm the only one who's not a huge fan of the double-header. It does somehow seem to be less than the sum of its parts: it's bizarre having a race on a week day for the WEC, and it's meant I've missed the start of the first race of the season whenever it's been held there because I've been at work.

Then the 12 hours comes and I kind of feel like I'm already fatiguing a little bit from watching the WEC the day before.

I'm sure it's an incredible event to go to if you're there, but if we're doing double-headers, I'd rather it was at a new event with a Saturday/Sunday format.

As for Middle Eastern rounds, I see them as a necessary evil. The unforgivable aspect is the lack of a UK round.
Not much wrong with Friday but they should start later, for example at 19.00h CET. Race becomes shorter but I prefer that over missing start of the race.