View Single Post
Old 23 Sep 2007, 16:40 (Ref:2021081)   #42
AU N EGL
Veteran

United States
Raleigh, North Carolina
AU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAU N EGL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman
There is no doubt that over a total lap the Spyders are very competitive (on normal ALMS tracks), but at Le Mans, the Mulsanne straight is such an important part of the lap, that you need to have a competitive straight line speed. (Incidentally it's one of the reasons that the 997's are competitive there)
I just saw some TV footage of Mosport (things are quite delayed here in Africa) and the speed differential on the straight between the Spyders and the Audi's was abysmal.
Yes they were.

I wish there were different trap speed locations on each track, Sebring, Road America, Road Atlanta, LeSarth.

PLM on Road Atlanta is in 2 weeks time. The back straight is long and very high speeds into turn 10. IIRC the Corvettes and Audis were all in the mid 180s. ( my nads only allowed me to go 162 there) So it will be very interesting to see. the turn 7 - 8 combination before the back straight is not really a high speed corner, but speed though T8 is critical to a very fast back straight and down hill into the Turn 10 brake zone.
Take a ride with Clint Field Road Atlanta in LMP2 - Field

Last edited by AU N EGL; 23 Sep 2007 at 16:42.