View Single Post
Old 4 Dec 2007, 08:28 (Ref:2081198)   #55
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Risi was quickest before an off ruined the whole event. Krohn will be back weather you like it or not. I think AF Corse will have their hands full, don't automatically assume just because they are a European based team using Ferrari supported drivers as well are just flat better than Risi when that is more than likely NOT TRUE.

The cream will rise and both teams will set a pace that will be hard on paper for the RSR's to match, but we'll see what off-season development brings as delivery of '08 spec 430's is already taking place...

Risi will run last years "Le Mans" chassis until May when they ship it back to Texas to prep for the Lime Rock event and then they'll run the '08 chassis at Le Mans and I'm pretty sure after Lime Rock.

I saw the list weeks ago and you know Penske and Dyson are not going, they can prove me wrong...

I would REALLY like to see the FIA guys lease cars and run the race. The Saleen has plenty of pace. As I said during last year's race, they came within 1 tenth of the fastest time set by either the Vettes or the leading Astons.

I think the weather caught Ocrea out a bit and they soften the car(s) up too much when the early going was bone dry and then by the time the rains hit in earnest, they were out of the running with minor problems past 1/2 way.

I think they have the pace if the race goes dry, Ocrea has already "figured" out the balance issues with the car and it has become the car that Fehan fears so much.

Minor problems solved they'll be QUICK, now if Labre takes it SERIOUSLY, they'll have a honest shot to WIN.

I say Seriously because for being the factory Aston team last season in the LMS, they were off the pace of the front running teams most of the season.