View Single Post
Old 25 Jan 2023, 19:41 (Ref:4141216)   #2253
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Anyone watched the Porsche/Fassbender Road to Le Mans stuff this season on YouTube?

First time I've watched it and really impressed. It does a few things really well. I genuinely don't think I've seen anything better at conveying the sheer gravity of doing Le Mans for someone who isn't a trained racing driver.

It really doesn't pull punches or sugar-coat anything. You can see he's absolutely sh*tting himself. Really mentally struggling at times. It's also pretty decent in the access it gives to debriefs, info, general feel for the racing team. And obviously it's got a generous budget and is shot beautifully. Would not be out of place at all on Netflix. Very much recommend this season and I'll go back and watch the other 3 seasons too.
Just like Porsche themselves, Fassbender's Road to Le Mans series has a clearly-defined goal that is executed to a high standard. I do still have an inkling that some acting skills were still on display, but otherwise it's been great to watch.

It doesn't feel fair to compare it to WEC Full Access, which deliberately has a broader, less defined focus, but the WEC crew should really study how the narrative is presented in this series.