View Single Post
Old 20 Sep 2000, 14:02 (Ref:38180)   #29
angst
Veteran

angst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I personally, and more to the point a number of his competitors are in agreeance, believe that MS has gone beyond the boundaries of fair play on number of occasions this year, particularly with a view to the start of races. This is not just some festering dislike of MS, it is what I believe.
As far as the anecdotal evidence of Gilles' 'evils', well I don't know enough about them to really amke too much comment except to say that it's strange that certain things are said about a dead man that he could obviously never defend himself about, and in my experience widows are not generally the greatest source of 'truths' regarding their dead husbands - either villifying them or sainting them, depending on the individuals reaction to the trauma. The fact is she was with him to the end, travelling around Europe with him, so how thoroughly evil could he have been?
I'm sorry to have to post this, but it seems certain individuals have gotten their teeth into this one and WILL NOT let go. I'm not trying to make Gilles out to be a saint, but a sense of perspective on this would be welcomed.