View Single Post
Old 11 May 2023, 17:15 (Ref:4155583)   #268
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Teams who implement superior solutions is a negative?
as it relates to entertainment, yes indeed superior solutions can become negatives.

RB this year would be case and point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Is engineering better solutions not at the core of F1?
well banning better solutions certainly is at F1's core.

actually after 5 races, im surprised no one is seemingly even making an effort to say RB is violating the sprit of the rules with their DRS treatment.

as the rule makers try to encourage closer racing/a tighter grid, and as Brawn warned, superior and/or clever solutions can be a problem if and when those solutions contribute to increased pressure to spend more/up the budget cap limit.

in that light, i can also appreciate there is a fair amount of irony to all of this as the most expedient solution to preventing RB from continuing to too cleverly working their DRS system might actually be the best argument to just ban DRS and its related systems for everyone?