View Single Post
Old 11 May 2023, 19:12 (Ref:4155605)   #271
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
A good example of the conflicting goals of F1. We want teams to be creative. We don't want teams to benefit too much from their creativity.
lol right!

although it would be nice if two teams could be creative at the same time.

thats not too much to ask for is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
...But what happens when a team plays perfectly inside of the box, and just performs better than the others?...
tough question and one made even more difficult given how underprepared the other tops teams seem to be this year (AM aside).

any curtailing of RB mid season when they have indeed played fairly inside the sandbox really wouldn't be about protecting the integrity of the cap or new regulations or the conditions/ideals Brawn would have held to when considering a ban (i assume of course).

it would be about helping out Merc, and to an extent Ferrari as well, despite how far behind they are.

while i could accept a ban on entertainment grounds i would most certainly struggle with the backfire it would have on the sporting ethos.