View Single Post
Old 12 May 2023, 10:48 (Ref:4155666)   #274
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Fair play to Red Bull for coming up with this trick, I’m impressed. However, I can see the point of view of someone who thinks DRS should just be the same on everyone and that is the intent. It’s not my point of view, but no need to discredit as such.
I feel that the entire RBR car design is the key, not the DRS system per se. The car is quick in the corners and whilst not the overall fastest without DRS, it knocks the pants off everything with the wing open. It's the Newey Effect writ large.

It's akin to the power/reliability advantage that Mercedes had when the hybrid PU rules came along; it wasn't solely the PU that worked better than anyone else's, it was the whole package. Williams and McLaren demonstrated that only too clearly.

Having lived through a variety of eras of dominance - Williams, McLaren, Ferrari, RBR, Mercedes, RBR again. Swings and roundabouts, and the only one that I got properly bored by was the Ferrari years with all of their political moves to shift the rules towards them.