View Single Post
Old 4 Aug 2021, 09:27 (Ref:4065244)   #28
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
yeah, i understand. the counterpoint to that is that nobody is obliged to debate or engage as a result of anything they post on socials. not even brands. your social accounts are your space.
That is true, but there is a difference between not entering a debate and immediately blocking supporters or happen to have disagreed once. Like you say, it's Jim's choice what happens on his social media, but it's also understandable why people would be against that when it follows what was quite an inflammatory comment.

I do also see it from the other side in that there were probably quite a lot of very angry comments directed at Jim, quite likely from people who had only seen the tweet because it got retweeted by one of their favourite sim racers. To my amazement there are quite a few people who sim race but don't pay any attention to real motorsport so those people probably felt quite aggrieved.