Old 20 Aug 2011, 21:56 (Ref:2943485)   #306
Andy Trapnell
Rookie

Australia
Sydney. Australia
Andy Trapnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hammersley View Post
Hi Andy, what took you to Oz, (apart from the lifestyle & weather)! What happened to the XR2? - didn't take it with you did you?
Hi John,
Glad to hear you're still having a go! I well remember you mentoring me as a new boy to line up half of the nose of the Fiesta with the marshal's post at Thruxton and keep 'yer foot in'.... grateful(and surprised) it actually worked!
I got interested in historic tarmac rallying and entered the Targa NZ(twice in MK1 RS2000 and Viva GT) which took me to Sydney on the way home. Loved it and moved here 11 years ago. Children came next so don't compete apart from the odd track day although having moved from the beach to a country acreage I have my own 'special stage' on the way home from Sydney each night! Far enough from civilisation that rarely any other cars around although very occasionally I hook up with a local also coming home. (Had a pow wow with a tricked up Holden Maloo V8 ute the other night) ..... in a tweaked Peugeot 407 diesel(the poor thing!)
Currently playing with a very rapid boat (off shore RIB), a fettled 911 turbo and a 'handfull' of a 5.0V8 TR8.
Nice to hear so many familiar names.
A