Thread: LM24 Le Mans 04 tours
View Single Post
Old 21 Aug 2003, 12:44 (Ref:694357)   #8
bigh
Racer

bigh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh alright then, I guess each to his own. Can't I horsewhip them just a little bit?

I suppose it depends what you're after, and what you would like to get out of the race. My first visit was made in the mid eighties, and a large part of the fun was making discoveries under my own steam. (It hasn't changed, last year it was "who the f*** but those chicanes there!!!???")

Let's not put the lad off though, the bog situation is ok these days (no red backs in France), and as for 'posh bogs', it is a motor race for chrissakes, you'll be wanting soft toilet paper and eau de cologne next!

Barto, one of our group used to travel regularly from the far east to the race, and based on his experiences, I would recommend flying to the UK, meeting some mates and then driving down. The party atmosphere on the ferry and the machinery on the roads on the way down represents one of the highlights of the weekend for a couple of our boys. How often do you get a chance to dice it with a real C Type or GT40?

If you don't have any mates (in the UK I mean, obviously you have mates..) then the flight to Paris, TGV to LM is pleasant and as painless as long haul can be, pack your rucksack carefully. The jet lag will become a real bonus during the night, you shouldn't miss a thing.

Just one or two strokes, please, and I promise to hold back with the matches and petrol...
H