View Single Post
Old 16 Sep 2020, 15:52 (Ref:4002804)   #52
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I would not at all be surprised if Lanier looks in to what they would need. I do wonder if the county would let them though, if there's such restrictions in Hall. The overflow Tuesday night crowd used to stage there and my first early arrival I spent a night there in the truck. They usually rent the track out for staging so getting there before Wednesday would be tough but after that there's plenty of space above the track.

I just can't imagine it being anything other than a sh1t show inside. Are they going to boot out people who are drunk and make them go home? Are they going to chase people out of the joeb honorific camping woods? There were at least 5 campers set up in the Turn 3 parking area at the Labor Day race, there was no camping there at all but they were there Friday and Sat. I guess if you show up at the gate with a camper and no pass they might send ya out but a tent buried under a cooler and kids stuff, or in the back of the van? How would they know and decide you're camping? Hell my chairs, small tent and other gear live in my truck, would I have to unload stuff that stays there year round just to enter? Show up in a minivan with blankets, are they going to say you can't because you have blankets you carry all the time in the car and might camp? And do we think the track guys are going to police it? I doubt the Hall county officers want to, the only time we've dealt with them was noise late and all they wanted was turn it down and get back in the car. It all makes me think they were told this Monday by the county management who already hate the track, new residents all crying about the noise but you moved there so deal with it, and the track had to deal with the changes. I wouldn't be surprised to see them deal with it like they usually do alcohol. One ass will get on a power trip and ruin the entry for everyone. Everyone else won't really care at all, have your tickets ready and let's keep the line, and money, moving.

Thankfully I already have my stuff and they stamped the right spot on my card this year so hopefully I'll get a camping pass with my ticket. But everyone who used to camp in closed spaces are gonna be hitting 3/4 hard I'd guess. Might be an early Tuesday for me. Also makes me wonder who of our usual neighbors won't be there now and if I can stake a claim to a grassy area instead.