View Single Post
Old 29 Apr 2022, 16:48 (Ref:4108435)   #35
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Slingshot passes where the car in front has no chance to defend do nothing for me. I would much rather watch a car nose to gearbox with another car like Monaco 1992 than a hundred undefendable DRS passes. Its not the pass that is nessesarily the exciting thing, but the possibility of a pass.
Yes exactly. A great defence is far more exciting than an easy DRS pass, and great passes will probably also be more likely if the drivers can’t just wait for the next straight to use DRS. The main thing that is important is for there to be more on-track battles, and although last year I think DRS was essential to have any on-track battles at all, next year (when teams have had time to prepare for it), I think we will get more on-track battles without DRS.