View Single Post
Old 27 Aug 2019, 15:06 (Ref:3924366)   #46
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I'm just looking at options at the moment. I'll be retired by then so need to watch the pennies. Probably camping but where? If I go with Travel destinations to Porsche curves I won't need the T17 grandstand. But I'll still need the ACO membership for the cafes and facilities when walking around.

Will also need to procure a tent and sleeping gear, corkscrew and perhaps a kettle.
If you are an ACO member then in order to get the discounts on tickets you have two choices, book direct with the ACO or via the tourist office. As for campsites the best ones will be hard to get even this early but there are always a few for sale closer to the time. I like most people who go each year have long standing orders for chosen campsite in my case Tertre Rouge which suits the older camper who likes to be at the side of the race track and close to everything. If you can get TR you will be welcome to visit us and use some of our camp gear, Gazebo etc.
Paying a little more for a better campsite is worth the extra few quid as not all campsites have the same facilities etc.

The Tourist office is always helpful and the ladies there (they have a section that solely deals with bookings etc related to the circuit) speak very good english, the opening of ticket booking usually starts in September.