View Single Post
Old 6 Aug 2021, 19:56 (Ref:4065659)   #20
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
The consequence on racing is that there is a 25-40 minute race-altering FCY every time a car spins, even if it recovers on its own, even if it recovers before the SC comes out,
This is the thing that winds me up most about IMSA's procedure. There seems to be no flexibility. Which leads to the inevitable conclusion that they just want an excuse to bunch the field.

My ideal would be:
Use FCY whenever possible rather than SC, or local slow zones on longer tracks. If a SC is the most appropriate option then fine.
Never close the pitlane, unless the incident has actually occurred in the pitlane.
No pass around.

There would be winners and losers with the above system but it's simple, and in a world of spec (or semi-spec) cars, BoP and generally very good reliability a bit of randomness would be welcome, in my opinion.