View Single Post
Old 7 Feb 2023, 20:04 (Ref:4143028)   #70
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
With "no major sponsors" I mean there's no big logo on the engine cover and sidepod.
Right. Pick whatever name you want such as "title sponsor" or "primary sponsor", etc. It is clear Williams doesn't have one. I think each team will have a "rate card" in which if you buy in at the top, you can add your name to the team, pick the colors and/or livery, and the cheapest thing on the rate card gets your name somewhere in small print!

It's clear the team is running their colors and their livery, the team is not renamed, they don't have anything in the prime spots on the car such as the sidepods. Given how much Gulf is mentioned in the launch, etc. it sounds like they are up at the top of all of the sponsors, but not quite at title sponsor level.

I expect part of this is also that Williams is holding firm on their advertising rates as well??? There probably was tremendous pressure for Gulf to be title sponsor, but at a lower rate than what Williams wanted to accept. If they cave in when negotiating, they then devalue their ability to earn sponsorship money. In short, you don't want to sell your title sponsorship cheap. Even if you are at the back of the grid.

Richard