View Single Post
Old 20 Jun 2014, 08:45 (Ref:3424110)   #287
kaseo88
Rookie

kaseo88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to thank to PascalLM, GT6, aysedasi and everyone who helped me with my questions. You guys had made my first LM experience perfect. Without your tips, maps, explanations and advices I may have lost that wonderful sunrise at Arnage, or get lost driving to PVert… This forum can be proud of users like you.

I would like to add my own advices based on my personal experience:

• T34 grandstand:
- Avoid buying the first three rows since people stands up over the fence and your vision at the start of the race can be impeded (I was at F row). Also choose seats that have the downstairs on your left, so you will have clear vision of the car coming to the straight, instead of a 2 meters tall dude on your left arm as was my case.
- After the first two hours you can move freely on the T34 and sit wherever you want. In fact, we saw the finish standing over the fence at first row instead of sitting at our seats.
- If your choose blocks A,B,C you will have to walk all the village down and access at the beginning of the straight and then enter to your block. I don’t know if block D has direct access from the paddock entry but it looked like an independent access block.
- From C block the big screen at the beginning of the straight was visible, although reading the typos was impossible. I had to take my little binoculars (absolutely recommendable) to read the classifications.

• Parking Vert:
- Worth the price doubtless, the proximity with the village & Dunlop Bridge is priceless. On Saturday morning try to arrive to the access (Chemin aux Boeufs) early because we enjoyed a nice traffic jam at 10 am or so and lost Group C Race
- When travelling from the D326 road to Parking Vert AVOID the PVert Signal you will find on the hightway way before the surroundings of the track. It drove me to several towns, tight roads and time lost. Keep on the highway until you pass the track and mulsanne straight at your right and follow the indications of Pascal:
http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=476

• Food & Drinks:
Expensive. Low quality food for the price at most places but no other option if you don’t camp and cook something.

• The Museum:
Confirm the opening hours on Friday because they even didn’t know it well. It opened this year until 19pm. You will need 1 and a half hours at least to watch the cars WELL and take pictures. Worth a lot.

• Friday Pit-Walk:
Everywhere stated that the pit lane will open from 10 am to 8 pm. However, at 19.15 they started to kick the people out of the pit-lane.

• Folding Chairs & Stools:
I saw some of them sell by 6€ one folding 3 leg stool and 10€ two. Chairs at 20€ I think. They were sold on the left side village of the main straight (opposite side of T34). We didn’t buy none, and only slept 1 hour of the 24. Neither my girlfriend or me had pain on our foots or were excessively physically tired.

Last edited by kaseo88; 20 Jun 2014 at 08:57.