View Single Post
Old 27 Jun 2007, 19:22 (Ref:1948414)   #38
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee
Yes, it's a great shame the Ian Titchmarsh isn't involved anymore
Apparently when RLM was run by Autosport they sacked him. I'm told that he has been invited back by the new management, but hasn't yet returned.

I would disagree that the target audience was purely web listeners - there were a lot of references to doing things which could only be done by listeners who were on site at Le Mans.

And as zac510 said, why would they broadcast national and international news if they were targeting that audience - those people could get that information elsewhere.

Of course web listeners probably account for the vast majority of the audience - I think I heard a stat that there were 1.4million listeners on the web last year? There were probably only 140,000 people listening on site, so the web audience would account for more than 90% of the total.

And on Midweek Motorsport a couple of weeks before the race they discussed the format of the hourly updates and said there had been a lot of complaints last year that they were too long, included too much information, and were out of date before they ended, so they promised they wouldn't run longer than 2 and a half minutes this year.

I am sure if there is enough feedback, they will review the format again next year - though I agree with the other posters on this thread that I would rather hear interviews, than ten minutes of someone reading split times.

If I'm trackside I can see how far apart cars are. If I'm not, I can look it up.