View Single Post
Old 16 Apr 2007, 12:56 (Ref:1892933)   #1
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Change in start time to Le Mans?

(Not been around here much so apologies if this has already been discussed.) I saw this on the ACO website: http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans...D_1267_gb.html , and thought it was worth posting. This year's start will be at 3pm to do with French elections, but the postscript was interesting as it suggests a long term change to the start time.

"In the future the start time of 15h00 could become the rule to harmonise the timetable of the 2 major 24-Hour events (cars and bikes), and also to make things easier for the media as well as improving travelling conditions for the hundreds of thousands of spectators come to see a new page in the Le Mans legend being written. "

I have mixed feelings, I love the tradition of Le Mans and the 4pm start is part of that, on the other hand it is a hell of a long wait on Saturday for the race to start. What do your guys think about this?