Thread: '09 ACO rules
View Single Post
Old 20 Feb 2009, 02:14 (Ref:2400598)   #40
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariantic
Deggis - you are right - this is very strange wording from the ACO and I have been surprised that few people have picked up on it. I have spoken with a few people on this and the best we can come up with is this:-
We talked about this via email two weeks ago

Quote:
A further point is that the ACO rules say the stored energy can only be used to increase range not speed. That, I think, is the killer; F1 KERS is certainly aimed at "press to pass" buttons specifically banned by ACO - this may be what is currently keeping the 908HY out.

This is the quote "The use of such a system must not be aimed at obtaining additional power but at reducing fuel consumption and CO2 emissions"
This shouldn't be issue with 908 HY? From the press release:

This energy can be used:
1) either to deliver extra power thanks to an additional boost of 60kW (80hp) for approximately 20 seconds per lap, either automatically when re-accelerating, or when the driver chooses to make use of it ('push to pass').
2) or to reduce fuel consumption for the equivalent level of performance thanks to the mechanical energy recovered (between three and five per cent).

At least it is sure it recovers kinetic energy, since press release mentions that clearly.

Have you seen this?
http://www.racecar-engineering.com/n...y-unclear.html

Comment from Peugeot source: "the ACO regulations are not definitive for HY prototype. So we wait."

But that could mean anything... (safety etc).

Last edited by deggis; 20 Feb 2009 at 02:19.