Thread: CSCC DONINGTON
View Single Post
Old 29 Sep 2020, 10:40 (Ref:4007351)   #53
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmR3Zzx9

First gallery from yesterday now on Flickr - some memories revived, some wild looking machinery, a contretemps twixt Minor and Mustang and some arty shots too - all from race 2 of the Special Saloons & Modsports and Bernies V8s

Some great shots there, good to capture many of the cars on two wheels as they ride the kerbs. Nice panning there too with a sensible shutter speed to catch some motion blur.

We had a pretty good day in the last race on Sunday - Future Classics: I'd changed the set-up on the car somewhat before the event, and it made the back end a little 'loose' on turn-in, which resulted in a couple of spins in qualy. I dialled out some of the adjustment before the race, and that seemed to tame it to a large extent, which allowed me to go out there and finish in P12 O/A (qualified 15th) and 2nd in class - against some pretty impressive machinery I have to say, and about 8 cars in my class!

It was quite chilly on & off, but the sun came out in time for our race - which brought with it its own problems as it was very low in the sky by this time - so it was nice to be racing into the sunset, as it were.

If any of you photographer types have any shots of car 16 in Future Classics (one of the white E30 BMWs) then I'd be keen to see them.