Thread: British GT 2022
View Single Post
Old 9 May 2022, 09:57 (Ref:4109364)   #123
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshift View Post
I'm not sure why GT racing doesn't have the general appeal that other forms of racing have but it isn't helped when you're at a large circuit such as Silverstone and there are no giant TV screens to see what is going on elsewhere on the track. It really is as if the fans don't matter one iota.
Silverstone is probably the track I hate most to be at, they really couldn't care about fan experience for most things that are there. Very few grandstands open, and not really the ones that are interesting, man stood on the gate at Club but you couldn't get in that way, campsite not opened...it's all very small stuff, but when you compare it to MSV tracks or even places like Pembrey then it's very poor for what claims to be the home of British motorsport.

The whole experience of going to Silverstone is just clunky, even stuff like tickets where you have to go to their website to download, and a weekend ticket is actually a ticket for each day (which I hadn't realised so had to download at the gate). I know it's not a huge deal, but it all just irritates. There was still a fair crowd though, was a reasonable queue to get in on Sunday morning.

Race was pretty good, spent the first couple hours at the end of the Wing building so saw all the lap 1 incident. Looked to me like Cottingham just gave too much of a squeeze expecting Neary to disappear, then didn't jump on the brakes so rolled back into Loggie. Bit of a shame to lose two quick cars straight away, but was good watching Neary's come back through and at least there's some reasonable depth in GT3 this year.