Old 15 Sep 2009, 14:24 (Ref:2541240)   #35
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolK View Post
I heard a rumour in the CER paddock Saturday regarding Monza - I would hope that's back on the calendar for 2010. The race at the Algarve would be a good swap, that circuit was okay but Monza is better.
It all respects to Monza fans, actual Monza is not a better circuit than Algarve... i agree if you talked about the 70's/80's Monza but this one... (side note: Put the bankings working again please!)Besides that, Algarve is according to several pilots from different categories (single seaters, F1, GT's, LMP's, Touring Cars) one of the most demanding and spectacular circuit, a mix of today's security paranoia with the old way (pre-Tilke) of designing racing circuits. They surely loved that circuit as i could ear on LMS Paddock in Algarve. It as a spectacular carroussel (it's nor Spa or Nordscheiffe but it sure does look so)...

..besides that, and even the first LMS race on it had some organization issues to be aware of, there is a 3 years deal signed and compromised with LMEO and it wont leave the LMS schedule in the next two years.