Old 15 Sep 2009, 21:04 (Ref:2541527)   #37
CarolK
Racer

United States
Texas
CarolK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMans.pt View Post
It all respects to Monza fans, actual Monza is not a better circuit than Algarve... i agree if you talked about the 70's/80's Monza but this one... (side note: Put the bankings working again please!)Besides that, Algarve is according to several pilots from different categories (single seaters, F1, GT's, LMP's, Touring Cars) one of the most demanding and spectacular circuit, a mix of today's security paranoia with the old way (pre-Tilke) of designing racing circuits. They surely loved that circuit as i could ear on LMS Paddock in Algarve. It as a spectacular carroussel (it's nor Spa or Nordscheiffe but it sure does look so)...

..besides that, and even the first LMS race on it had some organization issues to be aware of, there is a 3 years deal signed and compromised with LMEO and it wont leave the LMS schedule in the next two years.
We were at the race at the Algarve - definite issues with closed areas on the circuit in the evening - you could go thru one gate and when you came back, it was closed and you had to go back around the inside and then out the gate and back outside the circuit to enter again at another area - great for missing part of the race while you are going from one place to the other. Guess we'll know next month when the schedule is known. As I understand it, Barcelona is also a three-year deal meaning this would be the third year. Just as long as they change the weekend on Spa, as if the same in '10 it conflicts with the Monaco Historics which is every two years. Schedules can't be totally free from other events but when you have something that's not annually, it would be nice to not have two events on the same weekend.