View Single Post
Old 16 Mar 2021, 12:15 (Ref:4040796)   #17
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerPixel View Post
I suppose I can see that argument, although how different is running the old Rebellion going to be than the LMP2 they were running before?

More cars definitley equals better in simple terms, just seems like a strange way to go about it.
I think it's a fairly opportunistic entry from them. If the reliability isn't there on the new cars it could be a relatively cost-effective way to stand out and grab some headlines. It doesn't sit right with me having this in the same class, being branded a Hypercar.

Also, I did agree with joeb's thoughts on them using it as a bit of a toe in the water. But since they signed this off the amount of announcements that have come out seem, to me, to be pushing this into no-brainer territory. The big question is just what class do they enter? Again, I'd assume from their recent history of re-badging efforts that they'll go with LMDH. A lot of their budget lines may be switching towards F1 after all.

It just seems to be a square peg/round hole situation currently. But at least we'll find out the livery and maybe some more details this afternoon.