View Single Post
Old 7 Aug 2020, 12:07 (Ref:3993536)   #61
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm focusing on the one thing we have facts on, rather than just making stuff up to fit whatever narrative I want.

It was not illegal to supply plans for brake ducts in 2019. It was not illegal to copy the brake ducts in 2019. It was illegal in 2020. Mercedes supplied the plans in 2019. RP used these in 2020. It appears to be RPs misunderstanding of when they got the plans vs when they use the plans that has made the brake ducts illegal.

So unless you want to retro-actively punish Mercedes for violating a rule which didn't exist in 2019 then you're out of luck trying to blame Mercedes. Otherwise I say we make ALL the cars illegal and remove all the points because the teams are using V6 engines, when if you apply the 2013 regulations you HAVE to use V8s. I mean, if we're just applying random rules to a time that doesn't apply, lets go big or go home.

Mercedes are innocent, like them or not. RP apparently not. Does approach the topic of if any of this should even be illegal or not (I vote no) but that's not really the point I suppose.