View Single Post
Old 22 Jun 2015, 11:45 (Ref:3552996)   #692
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel Vaillant View Post
Bad news : a roundabout will be created near the Arnage corner. A detour will be in place for ordinary cars during the normal period. The corner will be conserved during the race, but the problem is about the public area : the deviation will cut the campsite, and the mound. Rumors say the mound will be destroyed and replaced by a grandstand
In my opinion, all the trees will be down, because it will be very heavy works, the roots will not endure the passage of bulldozers, tractors etc.
It was one of my favorite place, very typic, with trees, grass, traditional snack, and the smell of fir resin during the night...
I fear this area becomes like Esses de la ForĂȘt, a sterile place without nature and just with a plastic grandstand

Please, i don't want to loose this landscape
Thanks for this update, Michel. Please post any other information you see about this. Like many others I really value this particular viewing point and would hate to see it destroyed. A grandstand of some sort at the corner could solve the problem, unless you have to pay for it...

On the positive side, the roundabout (which is maybe considered important for saftey or traffic management reasons) is not affecting the actual track.