Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 19 Jul 2023, 14:31 (Ref:4169071)   #4177
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645 View Post
...Why is there talk 3 years before the next regulation change will be implemented for something that is indeed likely implemented in 2029/2030 at the earliest? Why would you do that? Or are some people not happy with the direction that is chosen and are they trying to undermine the status qua without actually wanting to say that specifically in public?

I indeed see two things:
1 People not happy with the exact power split of the 2026 regulation.
2 People questioning the desirability of such a high electric component in the first place (with all the weight implications that brings), considering that with synthetic fuel you car runs net zero if it’s produced sustainably...
for sure those things could be true but there is a number 3 also...they are just making noise in the media for the purpose of greenwashing. rather, this could be more about optics then making a genuine change to the 2026 regs.

agreed tho that this sounds more likely to be the direction post 2030.