View Single Post
Old 25 Feb 2021, 09:47 (Ref:4036897)   #2758
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They are still building out the new pit complex for 2023 right? Or has COVID hampered that project?

A 20-car top class feels like a good stretch goal for 2023. Would depend a bit on US take-up I imagine. But beyond that, like you say WyldStallion (is that a Bill & Ted reference btw?) if customer cars really ramp up and we get more new manufacturers - it's going to be tasty. You'd imagine that the likes of Toyota would move back up to three cars to cover off the increased competition.

For 2023 something like:
20 LMH/DH
20 LMP2
25 GT

That's assuming they can stretch to 65 garages. But between WEC auto-invites, assumed increased American interest and continuing to push AsLMS. It's going to be near impossible. Return of qualifying maybe? I'd certainly be up for a significant reduction in GT cars but I think it would be a massive shame to remove that class from Le Mans.