View Single Post
Old 20 Jun 2022, 17:20 (Ref:4116448)   #96
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent review. I didn't go in the end as I feared there wouldn't be many races on the Sunday and the only info I could get was from the website which is for a 16 car entry.

Anyway I can give an opinion from viewing all the live stream which was vastly improved on the Sunday. It kept me captivated so that has to be good but the format for me left a little to be desired or as Meeke said, he didn't know what was going on.
The battle brackets for me were not great, especially when 1 car packs up and you have a joker meaning most of the time it 1 car circulating almost on its own.
The stranger bit for me was the Sunday with the top 4 going straight to the final meaning the drivers you probably want to see most only doing 2 races or in the case of Meeke and Pastrana 1 race and 1 corner all day.

The crosscars looked and sounded great, seen them at Barcelona with grids of 20 plus, really hope they take off over here.
More supercars and I would definitely have gone unfortunately unless they still get decent numbers in the US which I doubt I can see them getting dropped.

The EVs looked good and will undoubtedly get quicker and more reliable but it's a 1 make class so if as I suspect, next year will be just 3 one make classes and how long before NEXT becomes electric? Part of the joy of rallycross was seeing so many different makes of cars while wandering around the paddock.Soon it will just be the Retros.

Obviously the biggest downside was communication and information. Lydden did put out on Facebook about conflicting info from ticketmaster but this seems to be what happens when not just 1 organisation is involved. Organised by Nitro who gave no info, the paying public in the hands of ticketmaster who gave out false info and Lydden who seemed to be in the middle of it all and doing there best to sort it out.Similar happened with the first WRX at Silverstone.

So would I go next year? A bigger entry which we know about at least a week before, no big price hikes and a better format then yes I'd definitely do it, as it is now, still not sure.