Thread: WEC FIA WEC calendar
View Single Post
Old 19 Jul 2022, 10:41 (Ref:4119876)   #24
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
The ACO did a fan survey of what people wanted. People answered. And what we got was the opposite. Silverstone was listed as the third most popular event after LM and Spa. Bahrain didn't even feature on the results. And what did we get? No Silverstone and Bahrain got its race time extended.
That isn’t the only factor. There’s also cost. And what the teams want. And what the sponsors want. Silverstone has lost multiple events in recent years and I’m willing to bet that asking too much money (or not offering to pay enough) is a big factor in them all. And as I have said ad nauseam on this forum - Silverstone is a soulless industrial park, hard for non-UK teams to get to even before Brexit. I’d much rather WEC went to Portimao despite living less than an hour’s drive from Silverstone.