View Single Post
Old 25 Jul 2003, 10:49 (Ref:670963)   #35
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I voted for Heidfeld - I thought he was unlucky to be overlooked a couple of years ago in favour of Raikkonen when McLaren were replacing Hakkinen.

I don't think some of the other options on the poll are all that realistic. Raikkonen seems to be the favourite at McLaren now, and I can't see Montoya going there when Williams have two very good drivers who compete on an equal footing. Villeneuve's management will struggle to talk him into a decent car based on his recent mediocre performances. And I think Paffett is too inexperienced to go straight into a McLaren - perhaps he'd be better off with a long-term contract to McLaren but spend a year or two at another team to gain experience.

As for Fisichella and Button - to my mind, Fisichella has failed to impress year after year and doesn't deserve a seat in a top team. And although Button and Raikkonen would probably be a good line-up for McLaren (I think they'd gain more points in an average race weekend than Raikkonen and DC do), I would have thought that BAR would be keen to keep hold of him.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'