Old 30 Jun 2005, 11:14 (Ref:1343712)   #11
danccooke
Veteran

England
West Sussex
danccooke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russfeld
I reckon marshalls should be paid anyways, though realising why they arent. Certainly at the WC level, everyone working should be paid. They're professionals arent they?

my mummy always said if i have nothing good to say then don't say it but i was never a good child.

I find these threads so boring and quite frankly tiresome. I marshal where i want when i want, be it 2CV's at Thruxton or F1 and Silverstone, I couldn't give a rats ass if i get paid, a fiver here and there is nice for a breakfast but ultimatly i do it because i love it.
We have had the "we should be paid"..."oh no we shouldn't"..."look behind you".... so many times, payment brings professionalism therfore it brings higher costs, tax man gets involved, silly people who have no interest but do it for the money arrive and suddenly accidents happen and lives are lost (extreme case i know but thats how i see it) all for the sake of wanting a few quid to somthing we have always done for free tickets in the best seats in the house.

**steps down from box**