Old 2 May 2009, 13:33 (Ref:2454138)   #44
CarolK
Racer

United States
Texas
CarolK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarthe82 View Post
I'll be going to this for the first time and combining it with a few laps round the Nurburgring, can't wait!
Excuse my ignorance but will the RLM commentary be available by personal radio trackside as it is at Le Mans? Also any good tips on viewing spots?
Spa is our most favorite circuit (many F1, FIA-GT 24h races attended) -as previously mentioned, good walking shoes are a definite. Besides Eau Rouge, a most favorite spot is Pouhon (grandstands are only there for F1 races), you are close to the circuit at Fagnes, close viewing by the karting centre, the esses into pit in is another great spot. On the walkway to Pouhon, there's a paved walk up the hill or just past that, there's a dirt trail takes you to Le Combes and Rivage. I use my iPhone and follow live timing (see www.lemans-series.com for the direct link). There's a tunnel by the big red whatever by the F1 garages that takes you to the other side of the start/finish line (new F1 stand). Hope you enjoy it as much as we do - we leave Thursday, can't wait!

Carol