View Single Post
Old 29 Oct 2015, 09:37 (Ref:3586355)   #66
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Huge plus 1 there dsg.

Hopefully they get the independent engine supplier, I see that Force India have enough brains and foresight to vote in favour despite having Mercedes power.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fo...d-engine-vote/
I reckon internally they don't fancy the idea that much either. It's just that they are smart enough to know to add public support to BE and Todt's stick to get the manufacturers to agree with the following:

- Price cap on the engines (if they would loose money over it, that's their problem and their own choice, cause then they choose to develop too expensive engines)
- Same spec for customers
- A minimal amount of teams to be supplied

With these three measures implemented properly the hybrid PU rules would work rather well and would be far more beneficial to the sport than a prallel engine rule set and even more so than the current situation. If in the end people reckon these possibly slightly cheaper engines would be low on power they could up the capacity to 2L or so in the long run. But I think given time and advance in technology that would proof to be not even necessary.

With the above three measures in place I reckon the whole token system could go overboard. Why spend so much if the customers teams get the upgrade for free? Perfect.