View Single Post
Old 30 Oct 2015, 06:52 (Ref:3586572)   #69
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There are many people around telling me how bad F1 is at present, and that it is all the fault of those terrible engineers at the manufacturers.
I wonder why no one seems to give them credit for the amazing fuel/power efficiency they are achieving. A simple physics exercise would appear to indicate that levels of output per litre of fuel burned is at levels never achieved before. The Le Mans WEC LMP1's are also getting these gains.
They are massive step in the sort of development everyone in the sport should be yelling from the rooftops.
LOOK AT US!!!!
What is happening. The people who own and promote the series are busy talking it down. Don't know, and don't care what the reason is but I wish they would shut up.
The racing is as good as it has ever been but the people who should be enthusiastic are busy talking it down.
Sure Mercedes are dominant at present, just as Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren, Williams, Brabham, Lotus, and Mercedes once before in the 50's have been.
It is the result of a bunch of clever, dedicated, hard working technical people as it has always been.
Why not admire their achievement and ignore the ego's in helmets hissy fits?