View Single Post
Old 30 Oct 2015, 16:15 (Ref:3586689)   #72
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I detest "independent manufacturer" idea -- unless, they are multiple suppliers that can compete and win the tender. Could be a roundabout way of inveigling in cost caps. I'd support that.

But if there's only one independent manufacturer who are allowed to configure more powerful engines and with better fuel efficiency than the others -- I don't want that garbage.

However I'm sure it's all a ploy to get those manufacturers to relent to the caps.
I agree 100%.

I assume this is not a new spec (that anyone can build to), but rather a single solution that will be balanced up to some level.

I don't understand the process for making this happen, but if teams were able to veto cost caps for customer engines, how can they expect this also to not be vetoed? The only scenario I can see the manufactures supporting this would be some assurance that this engine will balanced up to a level "below" the existing spec with respect to power and/or economy. Effectively making this nothing more than a way to fill the field at a lower cost, but to not change the status quo at the front of the field. Is this right back to the two tier talk of months ago? And does this really help F1 or address core problems?

Richard