View Single Post
Old 30 Oct 2015, 17:41 (Ref:3586704)   #74
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
i thought the two tiered issue was settled when the rules were amended to allow for the sale of prior year spec engines?

other than RBR being in a tight, spot are any of the teams still complaining about engine availability or costs?
The lower order teams are still complaining, not necessarily in the media, about the costs of the power-units, and no doubt that also forms some sort of part of the complaint to the EU.

This renewed drive by the FIA and FOM for a second tier ICE is driven solely because Ferrari used it's power of veto, which no other team has been given, to stop the FIA introducing a cost cap for the PSU's, a move that had been agreed by all the other members of the Strategy Group plus Renault.

I get the impression that if the FIA actually follow through with the second tier units (assuming that Ferrari do not eventually drop it's opposition to the cost cap), then they will ignore Ferrari if it's tries to use it's veto again. My own opinion is that a court would, in all likelyhood, take a very dim view of Ferrari attempting to use the courts to enforce a veto, especially as it would disadvantage the majority of the other teams.