View Single Post
Old 30 Mar 2024, 23:33 (Ref:4203415)   #973
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
but surely the stewards seemed to think he was doing something...However, did he choose to do something, with whatever intent, that was extraordinary

as to his intent...we can all speculate and all that speculation, even from the stewards, imo seems to be focused around the perception that Alonso is really really good at always doing race car driver stuff!

for sure though, him and Sainz are the top 2 free agents for 2025. in a perfect world, one should end up at RB and the other at Merc. Sainz to Merc makes more sense because he's already done the RB thing and with Max, RB have a bit more insulation if Alonso's age becomes a factor in 2025.

honestly wish we could just fast forward to next years line ups now!
On first watching, live, at speed.. it looked for all the world like the rest end of Mr Alonso’s car had decided to give up on providing traction to the pilot. It was like the Aston Martin had lost grip, and from the sounds, that Mr Alonso was modulating the throttle fairly intentionally to snap an unwanted characteristic out of the car.

The stewards, who are charged with knowing more and having access to more than the casual viewer clearly disagreed.

Yet I reckon that if you watched onboards, with sound, on Mr Albon’s difficult car for example, the throttle modulation and speedway-almost wiggling of the tail probably wouldn’t be loads different.

You do have to ask about Mr Russell about the impact of tunnel vision.. following a car that close that hard for that long would be hard work.. especially if you aren’t catching them… focus is on the car, not the possibility of what could happen…

Wasn’t that the same as last year when Mr Russell nicked the fence in Singapore after desperately following Mr Norris all race.

Race blindness or something similar…

Odd.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods