View Single Post
Old 11 Feb 2010, 12:32 (Ref:2631359)   #129
paulwarrior
Rookie

Ireland
Rep of Ireland
paulwarrior should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Favourite Hillclimb... split between 2 hills run in the burren in Clare in Ireland.

Ballyalabin, 2.2 miles of fast bumpy irish tarmac, through a landscape as barren as the moon! Hill of 2 halves, up as far as the picnic area is a little technical, after that its just balls out and pray you get to the finish before the car gives up! Its like a rally stage but you can race single seaters on it! Fantastic! Record currently set at 96 seconds by sylvie mullins in a 4litre gould. My incar is on you tube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9rhWzg5ijc

The Scalp in Clare. About 1 mile of really fast stuff. One part is a natural chicane in between a wall of rock either side.... with bumps on entry, in middle and on exit. Taken by a good single seater at the wrong side of 100mph. Went there first about 6 years ago, and since then won it 3 times, always on the last run on sunday, always managed to pull out a time that i or no-one else thought was possible in a 30 year old delta up against the v8's! Still gives me goosebumps!
You cannot define commitment till you watch a quick car go through the rocks in the scalp. I watched one run once as a spectator and i'm still not right after it! (then again i'm hardly the definition of collected thought...)

Anyway, i've seen shelsey and a few more on video but believe me guys if you get the opportunity to try it, jump at it!