Thread: Grojean Haas
View Single Post
Old 1 Mar 2023, 08:42 (Ref:4145348)   #13
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
the frustration of the coverage of the accident in the aftermath of the event by people within F1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I can't really remember any criticism of coverage,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Nor me....
The criticism at the time that received most attention came from Daniel Ricciardo. His comments were:

"I’m disgusted and disappointed with Formula One for showing or choosing the way to show it as they did, and broadcast replays after replays after replays of the fire, and his car split in half. And then, like that’s not enough, they go to his onboard. Why do we need to see this? We’re competing again in an hour. His family has to keep watching that. All our families have to keep watching that ... It’s really unfair. It’s not entertainment. To show it like it’s something from Hollywood, it’s not cool. Choose to do that tomorrow, but not today."

Other comments included Bottas: "I feel like people, spectators want to see it. But there’s a limit as well. It could have been a fraction different, the shunt, and there would have been no way for him to get out of the car."

and Vettel: "Once I got the message he was out of the car, obviously it was a big relief. Then I didn't look at the images too much. I went to my room and just waited to get ready again, which I guess was a good thing. I disagree with the fact you have to show the images over and over again. In the end, we are human beings racing, and not objects. I know people like the car being on fire, and crashes, and it's exciting, but actually it's not so exciting when you're in the car. Maybe it's something we can learn, that we don't need to repeat showing the images. But as I said, I deliberately tried not to look at the images too much. Once I heard that he was OK, obviously that was the main relief."