View Single Post
Old 27 Oct 2009, 16:24 (Ref:2570839)   #116
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolK View Post
From an attendee standpoint, I much prefer the 1000km race. If I am spending disposable income to attend a sporting event then I want something indicative of "endurance racing" - not a 1.5 hour sprint ALMS race at Long Beach or short LMS race. They need to leave the format just as it is now. From your comments, it appears that you have not been to one of these races but just to the 24h - if you can't be bothered watching a 6 hour event, then perhaps some other form of racing should be considered.
If you’re the only one attending, what good is a 6 hour race? There is a balance of keeping TV time and disappearing into obscurity. This is something I think the ALMS has done a good job of balancing (say what you will about the programming) and has built large crowds at several of their events.

Not that it's my place to do it, but you have misinterpreted Ginger's comments. He was not referring to himself, but promotion and how to get more people to the track.