View Single Post
Old 18 Feb 2024, 07:56 (Ref:4197144)   #359
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Shortcuts are more fun..
Like having your bestie tilt at windmills and publicly announce a distaste for one organisation owning two teams..
Perhaps opening up an opportunity for AG to swoop in and buy…
I actually have no problem with RBR owning two teams in the championship.

Id have problem with Mercedes or Ferrari having a second team either.

And Id probably have no problem with Ferrari part owning a team with someone like Dallara and collaborating.

If I was moving right away from the present situation Id have no problem with teams selling chassis to private teams.

I'd have no problem with someone like Dallara being able to sell replicas of last year's Ferrari to private teams either.

And I'd have no problem with single car private teams like Frank Williams did for Piers Courage in 1969, or Rob Walker did for Moss and Siffert at different times.

Do people honestly buy the argument that such additions would 'dilute the value of F1' drivel?

I'd have qualifying for 26 places back too.

All of this is unlikely given the expense of the engine leases and you could run into problems like IndyCar where there aren't enough leases to go around but that just takes us back to the idea that the current engine formula is derived as an answer to the rhetoric about the planet and sustainability, so we won't delve too deeply there.

But allowing single entries and allowing used chassis or copies or the sale of chassis would allow people like stroll to set up a satellite team or a single car operation, oe rent a seat with a 'private team' for Lance.

It would have been a lot cheaper.

The sport in fact has made the cost of competing much, much, higher by the insistence on a set of parameters that add to and inflate the cost of competition.

This is also why the present rhetoric about the value of the teams is just so much nonsense.
Owning an F1 'works' team is highly inflated.
In business terms it is a joke.
It is only useful to a commercial body as an advertising and promotions vehicle as long as the return on the running and investment costs can be justified by the amount of benefit derived through publicity and success.

If that benefit doesn't add up, then the team is gone or sold.
If it is not successful, then the value is greatly reduced.