View Single Post
Old 2 Sep 2005, 06:28 (Ref:1397029)   #77
XJR14/WSC95
Racer

XJR14/WSC95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that billnchristy and NJDMONEY are missing the point in regards to the importance that ALMS/GTP (IMSA), LMES, and WSC fans put on the appearance and blistering performance of the cars. Cars that when viewed in the flesh while they are static is equally as enjoyable as when they are thundering, screaming, or whooshing past at 200mph

Historically sports cars have been dominated by only one or two manufactures at a time and that’s the way it will probably remain. But without true sports car championships and the Le Mans 24 we would have never seen such beautiful inspiring cars from manufactures. If it is close racing that you crave you can’t go past formula ford or BTC. Shore ALMS fans get disappointed when a team leaves the ALMS to race a DP because that means there is one less car to drool over. The old saying different stokes for different blokes applies when debating the pros and cons of ALMS and GA.

I will be going to the USA to visit family and be attending the finale round of the ALMS at Laguna Sacca. It will be only my second ALMS experience after attending the fabulous Race of 1000 Years it Adelaide in 2000, so fingers crossed the Porsche attends. I hope there withdrawal from PLM has something to do with reliability concerns in such a long race, but are more confident in the 2 hr and 45 min format.